Thursday 20 February 2014

Digital Footprints

Google your name or mine I have some really nice basketball pictures that pop up.

It always surprises me when my past all pops up on a computer screen. Showing accounts from all websites and all my success and or failures as a athlete.

We have had a lot of discussions on digital identity in class and through blogs already. Awareness is the most important as a teacher to get across to students.

I like to think as digital footprinting as walking through a forest. With every step you take you leave a trace of where you have been like a trail. This is the same as going online, every time you go online you leave a mark of yourself creating footprints and your digital image.

This is a short but sweet post, mostly because I think we have discussed this a lot in the past, and its time for my weekend to begin! Have a good weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Great analogy Jaynell! I think that this is a great way to explain digital footprints to my students!

    ReplyDelete